Facts & Features
About the Range
* The range accomodates pistol, rifle, trap and archery shooting.
* The range has 6 rifle subranges - a 10 yard range for pistol shooting and 25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 yard ranges for rifle shooting.
* The range has a regulation trap layout for the shotgun enthusiasts.
* Sheds shelter all of the rifle shooting stalls/firing lines except for the 300 yard range.
* A staggered berm arrangement is utilized to backstop the rifle ranges.
*Range location is 52425 Range Road 145 (north from Vegreville on range road 145 past the golf course).
Range - FAQ's
* Do I need to be a VWF member? - Yes! We encourage everyone interested in conservation, hunting, fishing, archery and wildlife education to purchase a VWF membership - this club is active in this community and provides youth education events and training programs such as sponsorships to Narrow Lake Camp and youth archery/coaching events. We are also affiliated with the Alberta Fish and Game Association (AFGA), so part of your purchase goes directly to protection and stewardship of our lands. We have for purchase both regular memberships and range memberships (see membership page for more details). We sell a limited amount of Range key memberships each year and you must have a key to shoot on the outdoor range during a non VWF sponsored event. Range restrictions will apply and be aware of firing lines.
* Do I need to sign in? - Yes! It is the law and the range rules to sign in and put the red flag up BEFORE you start shooting.
* Can I drive down the range? - No - please do not drive on the range!
* Multiple shooters on the range? - Identify the range officer. Follow all range rules.
* Upon arriving at the range is the flag up? - If the flag is up it means someone else is engaged in shooting process. They could be on the firing line or down range checking targets. Check with the other shooters and identify the range officer before proceeding to set up your position.
* Can I bring my friends to watch? - No! Only members are allowed on the range.
* Do you have a trap night? - Yes! We shoot Wednesdays for most of the summer and switch to Sundays later in the fall to be shooting during daylight hours.
* Is the area totally fenced? - No! The range is bordered on the north side by a large creek and muskeg, a farm to the east side and the golfcourse on the south side.
* What types of ranges do you have? - 10, 25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 yard ranges, a regulation trap layout and archery.
* Do some or all use the same berm or staggered berms? - We have staggered berms for rifle and archery.
* Are 2 or more ranges ever used at the same time? - The rifle ranges can be used simultaneously. The rifle ranges cannot be used when trap shooting is in progress and vica-versa, only one layout can be used at a time.